In a matter of a few years, Yocto has become the leading Linux build system for industrial operating systems. This training course aims to develop the necessary skills you will need to work with this tool. Through this training, you will learn about how to install and operate an Yocto based embedded system. It captures both the theory and practice of using Yocto to build a custom Linux system. The participants learn about a mix of theory and its application and vice-e-versa. The variety of exercises makes sure they understand the symbiotic link between the Linux system and the Yocto build system. By the end of the program, the trainees have all the necessary toolkits and know-how in order to make the architectural design decisions, add additional services as well as making appropriate customization.
- Understanding how the Yocto project fits within the linux ecosystem
- Software licensing, consequences on the intellectual property of the application code
- Building a Linux system using Yocto
- Understanding the Yocto development workflow
- Creating and extending a recipe
- Creating a layer for your applications
- Integrating your board in a BSP layer
- Creating custom images for your board
This course is suitable for developers that have to set an Yocto build process on their board. It can be adapted according to profiles and needs of trainees.
- Programming skills
- Linux shell
- Knowledge on embedded Linux
This course is offered by our experienced embedded systems consultants. They will advise and guide you on how to choose among different technologies. In addition, trainees can ask their context-specific questions and benefit from our consultants hands-on experience gathered through working on different local and international projects.
Hours/week: 21 (3 days)
Training languages: English, French
Computing languages: C, shell
Training type: Classroom, Online if remotely
Training locations: Montreal (Canada), or Rennes (France) or customer offices or remote using video conference.
|Key Topics||How to install and operate an Yocto based embedded system.|