Supporting up to 3 A of operating current, ST’s single-inductor synchronous buck-boost converters integrate four low on-state resistance power MOSFETs which contribute to PCB saving and reduced power losses, making them ideal for Li-ion battery-powered applications.
The main features of our buck-boost regulators include:
- Wide input voltage range (from 1.8 to 5.5 V) covering all the main battery solutions
- High switching frequency (up to 3 MHz) resulting in more compact designs (reduced size of passive components)
- Full set of monitoring: sync, Pgood and low battery detection
- Power-save mode at light load for higher efficiency
- Typical efficiency: > 94%
- Up to 3 A output current capability
- Shutdown current < 1 μA for extended battery life
They are mainly used where the input voltage can change from VIN - VOUT > VIN to VIN - VOUT < VIN
eDesignSuite is a comprehensive set of easy-to-use design-aid utilities ready to help you streamline the system development process with a wide range of ST products.