ST’s L6360 and L6362A enable a master and device solution for IO-Link and general-purpose (SIO-mode) transceivers via a single 3-wire connection (PHY2) supporting COM1 (4.8 kbaud), COM2 (38.4 kbaud) and COM3 (230.4 kbaud) modes.
The half-bridge output stages can be configured as high-side, low-side or push-pull for maximum design flexibility. The two ICs meet all the remote service, standardization, functionality verification, diagnostics and monitoring requirements of the latest sensors and actuators and are suitable for all automation systems.
They represent a compact, efficient and robust solution for the Smart industry (Industry 4.0 revolution).
Wide application spectrum
- Wide supply voltage range: 18 to 32.5 V (L6360), 7 to 36 V (L6362A)
- High output current capability: up to 500 mA (L6360), 220 mA (L6362A)
Maximum design flexibility
- Selectable output stage: high-side, low-side, and push-pull
- Easy access and full configurability in I2C mode with L6360
- Selectable linear regulators: 3.3 / 5 V 50 mA (L6360), 10 mA (L6362A)
Minimum power dissipation and maximum efficiency
- Best-in-class RDS(on) <1.6 Ω (L6362A), <2 Ω (L6360)
- Full set of protection functions
- LED diagnostics sequence for fast reaction to fault conditions