ST’s LCD/OLED Power Units (PSUs) add value to new designs by simplifying power-supply circuitry and maximizing battery life. Our PSUs support feature-rich portable products due to their embedded energy-saving features.
ST’s Power Management ICs (PMICs) 3-channel outputs, namely, ELVDD, ELVSS and AVDD, are optimized for high display brightness and high energy efficiency. They also feature a small PCB footprint and practical communication interface with the DDI and application processor such as SWIRE and I²C.
ST’s power management ICs (PMICs) are optimized for AMOLED display panels for smartphone and portable consumer electronic appliances.
The AMOLED display requires ELVDD, ELVSS, and AVDD voltages. ELVDD and ELVSS are the positive and negative driving voltage to the electroluminescent (EL). ELVDD is implemented using a boost converter, whereas ELVSS is an inverting buck boost converter. AVDD is the output to the DDI (display driver IC), which is implemented in boost converter topology as well.
Product types:The ST portfolio of display power management ICs includes:
Power Management for AMOLED Display
The STMP30 is a power management for AMOLED display. With an input-voltage range from 2.9V to 4.8V, the STMP30 PMIC contains three integrated DC-DC converters to provide all the power rails needed for AMOLED displays in smartphones and other portable devices.
- Ultra-Lower power
- Low quiescent current helps to extend battery life
- Highly integrated design in WCSP package enables a compact solution
- Supports best viewing in bright outdoor environment
- Flicker-less in the display
- Dynamic scaling of output voltage allows for optimization of display brightness for the best visibility under all conditions
- Ensures compatibility with majority of DDI in the market
- Support AOD at minimal power consumption
- Designed with soft start feature to limit inrush current
- Built-in thermal and short circuit protection functions improve reliability and robustness
High brightness mode
Adjustable output voltage
SWIRE and I²C interfaces
Always-On display mode
Inrush current protection