Based on the advanced and innovative properties of wide bandgap materials, ST’s 650 to 1700 V silicon-carbide (SiC) MOSFETs feature very low on-state resistance (RDS(on)) per area combined with excellent switching performance, translating into more efficient and compact systems. SiC MOSFETs are belonging to the STPOWER family.
Compared with silicon MOSFETs, STPOWER SiC MOSFETs exhibit low on-state resistance per area even at high temperatures as well as excellent switching performance versus the best-in-class IGBTs in all temperature ranges, simplifying the thermal design of power electronic systems.
The main features and benefits of our STPOWER SiC MOSFETs include:
- Very high temperature handling capability (max. TJ = 200 °C) leading to reduced PCB form factors (simplified thermal management) as well as improved system reliability
- Significantly reduced switching losses (minimal variation versus temperature) resulting in more compact designs (with smaller passive components)
- Low on-state resistance (20 mΩ typ. @ 25 °C for 650 V devices and 80 mΩ typ. @ 25 °C for 1200 V devices) resulting in higher system efficiency thanks to reduced cooling requirements
- Simple to drive (cost-effective network driving)
- Very fast and robust intrinsic body diode (no need for external freewheeling diode, thus more compact systems)
Our portfolio includes a wide range of operating voltages for Industrial and Automotive applications such as traction inverters, on board chargers & fast chargers, DC-DC converters, SMPS/high-end PFCs, auxiliary power supplies, and UPS/Solar/Welding.
Our wide STPOWER product portfolio combined with state-of-the art packaging and protections for high reliability and safety helps designers find the right solutions for customized, high-efficiency applications that will last a long lifetime.