The ESDA8V2-1MX2 is a unidirectional single line Transil diode designed specifically for the protection of integrated circuits in portable equipment and miniaturized electonic devices subject to EOS and ESD transient overvoltages.
- RoHS compliant
- Very small PCB area (1.45 mm2)
- Complies with the following standards:
IEC 61000-4-2 level 4 ±15 kV (air discharge) ±8 kV (contact discharge) MIL STD 883G - Method 3015-7: class 3B HBM (human body model): ≥8kV
- Breakdown voltage VBR = 8.2 V
- High peak power dissipation: 500 W (8/20 μs waveform)
- Unidirectional device
- Low leakage current (< 0.5 μA @ 5 V)
High EOS and ESD protection level High integration Suitable for high density boards Tiny package
- ESD protection level better than IEC 61000-4-2, level 4: 30 kV contact discharge
In this video, we explain why it is important to protect against electrostatic discharges. We give a quick demonstration to show exactly what happens when you shoot at a microcontroller with an ESD gun!
PEP01-5841, for Power over Ethernet supply lines
Introduction to surges – EOS and ESD – definition, standards, effects and root cause