The HDMIULC6-4SC6Y is a monolithic, application specific discrete device dedicated to ESD protection of the HDMI connection. It also offers the same high level of protection for IEEE 1394a and IEEE 1394b/c, USB 2.0, Ethernet links, and video lines.
Its ultrahigh cutoff frequency (5.3 GHz) secures a high level of signal integrity. The device topology provides this integrity without compromising the complete protection of ICs against the most stringent ESD strikes.
- 4-line 15 kV ESD protection
- Protects VBUSwhen applicable
- Ultrahigh bandwidth - no influence on signal rise and fall times - maximized number of signal harmonics
- Very low leakage current: 0.5 μA max.
- Fast response time compared with varistors
- SOT23-6L package
- RoHS compliant
- ESD standards compliance guaranteed at device level, hence greater immunity at system level
- ESD protection of VBUSwhen applicable.
- High efficiency due to low residual voltage when confronted by an ESD surge
- Minimized rise and fall times for maximum data integrity
Consistent D+ / D- signal balance:
- Ultralow impact on intra-, inter-pair skew
- Matching high bit rate HDMI requirements and ready for future evolution
- Low PCB space occupation - 9 mm2maximum footprint
- Higher reliability offered by monolithic integration
- Complies with these standards:
IEC 61000-4-2 level 4
- 15 kV air discharge
- 8 kV (and up to 15 kV) contact discharge
- IEC 61000-4-2 level 4
In this video, we explain why it is important to protect against electrostatic discharges. We give a quick demonstration to show exactly what happens when you shoot at a microcontroller with an ESD gun!
PEP01-5841, for Power over Ethernet supply lines
Introduction to surges – EOS and ESD – definition, standards, effects and root cause
Recommended for you
Quality and Reliability
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.
Sample & Buy
|Part Number||Order from Distributors||Order from ST||Marketing Status||ECCN (US)||ECCN (EU)||Packing Type||Package||Temperature (°C)||Breakdown Voltage (V) (min)||Country of Origin||Budgetary Price (US$)*/Qty||More info|
Distributor availability ofHDMIULC6-4SC6Y
Distributor reported inventory date: 2020-08-02
|Sample & Buy Buy now||
|EAR99||NEC||Tape And Reel||SOT23-6L||-40||150||6||MALAYSIA||0.186 / 100||
Tape And Reel
Operating Temperature (°C)
Breakdown Voltage (V) (min)
Budgetary Price (US$)* / Qty
0.186 / 100
Country of Origin