The EVLSTNRG011-150 is a 12 V, 150 W power supply demonstration board for 90 V ac to 264 V ac mains, which is representative of an AC/DC converter for an all in one (AIO) computer or a general purpose high power adapter.
The design is based on the STNRG011 IC, a digital combo that controls a two-stage AC/DC SMPL. The front-end is a transition mode PFC pre-regulator and the second stage is an LLC HB resonant converter. The SRK2001 implements the synchronous rectification in order to obtain higher efficiency.
No auxiliary supply is needed due to the very low consumption at no load.
A full set of auxiliary functions and protection is also provided, this allows reduction of the overall BOM while maintaining a rugged design.
- Digital controller: STNRG011
- TM PFC with resonant HB-LLC converter
- Input voltage range: 90 ÷ 264 V ac
- 12 V ± 5% CV output regulation
- Full-load power: 150 W continuous operation
- Peak power loading: 200 W
- Full-load and average efficiency: greater than 90% at 115/230 V ac
- Peak efficiency: greater than 93%
- No-load mains consumption: less than 75 mW
- Hold-up time: greater than 10 ms
- Full set of programmable parameters
- High flexibility thanks to the configurable NVM
- Black box functionality with the installed EEPROM
The STNRG011 embodies a multi-mode (transition-mode and DCM) PFC controller, a high-voltage double-ended controller for the LLC resonant half-bridge, an 800 V-rated startup generator and a sophisticated digital engine, that manage optimal operation of three blocks.
The device comes in a 20-pin SO package and offers an advanced solution for power-factor-corrected high-efficiency converters supposed to comply with the most stringent energy saving regulations.
The power system and the control algorithms are managed by an 8-bit core with dedicated fast peripherals (SMED). Optimized digital algorithms together with HW analog IPs are implemented to guarantee a very high performance, BOM optimization and robustness.
The digital algorithms are stored into an internal ROM memory and all key application parameters can be stored into a device's NVM (non-volatile memory) memory during the production phase allowing wide configurability and calibration.
The device can also externally communicate through a 2-pin UART, allowing the monitoring function, the black box storing into an external E2PROM and the software patch upload from the external E2PROM.