The STEVAL-ISA196V1 evaluation board implements a flyback converter (5 V / 1.2 A) wide range mains developed for general purpose applications.
The core of the application is the VIPer11, a new off-line high voltage converter from the VIPerPlus family
The device is a high-voltage converter that intelligently integrates an 800 V rugged power MOSFET with PWM current-mode control.
The main characteristics of the evaluation board are its single layer, small size and minimal BOM, high efficiency and low standby consumption.
- Five-star energy efficient rating under no-load operation (PIN_no_load < 10 mW @ 230 VAC)
- Compliant with the 10% load efficiency prescribed by the European CoC ver. 5
- Active mode efficiency: > 78% (CoC ver. 5 target = 75%)
- Consumes less than 400 mW @ 230 VAC with 250 mW load
- Compliant with IEC55022 Class B conducted EMI, even with reduced EMI filter
- Input overvoltage protection
- RoHS compliant