Contract Design for Manufacturing (CDM) is a customized service offering delivered by LACROIX Electronics to electronic product manufacturers, ODMs or OEMs.
LACROIX Electronics works with manufacturers of embedded and IoT products for the following markets in various application domains:
- Automotive: driver assistance, passenger comfort, passive & active safety, body electronics, chassis, powertrain and engine control, for connected and autonomous ICE/hybrid/electric vehicles
- Avionics (civilian and military, except flight/motor control and weapon systems): cabin and cockpit applications for aircrafts, helicopters and drones
- Medical/healthcare: non-invasive equipment for diagnosis and monitoring, hospital and patient comfort equipment, wearables
- Smart home and building: home automation, energy management, security, assisted living
- Smart industries: smart energy, smart agriculture, smart city, smart transport, smart environment, security, industrial automation, test and measurement
CDM consists in the full design, industrialization and manufacturing of an electronic product performed by LACROIX Electronics teams. CDM follows an integrated design and manufacturing process, implemented in one of the LACROIX Electronics production sites (plants) in France, Tunisia, Germany, Poland for the EMEA market, or with its partner Firstronic in the USA (Michigan) and Mexico for the North American market.
CDM includes the following services:
- A unique contact (the CDM project leader) from design to serial production is responsible for project planning, product quality and cost.
Product design and industrialization:
- Product and system architecture
- Embedded hardware and software development
- PCB design
- Mechanical and electrical/power supply design
- Design for eXcellence (DfX), covering at least manufacturing, test and procurement
- LACROIX Electronics has 20 years of experience in embedded systems, with 60+ engineers in 4 design centers located in France and Germany.
- Engineers have expertise in analog electronics, digital electronics, embedded software, communication technologies, mechatronics and style/ergonomics, tests and certification.
- LACROIX Electronics ensures product quality with system reliability evaluation, real-time performance analysis, requirements traceability, qualification and certification plans.
Product qualification and certification:
- Environmental: mechanical shocks, vibrations, physical/chemical aspects
- Electrical: Electro-Magnetic Compatibility (EMC), radio measurements, safety
- Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) analysis
- Certifications: CE, VDE, UL, etc.
- LACROIX Electronics owns internal equipment for full EMC and radio tests in a 6x7x10m Anechoic chamber.
- LACROIX Electronics has 4 autonomous plants using a wide range of processes and technologies for delivering the best tradeoff between product complexity, quality, unit cost and volumes
- CDM services are customized for each customer project. Based upon the available customer requirements and product specification, a quotation is delivered that describes the required Non-Recurring Engineering (NRE) services and associated prices. The quotation also provides a preliminary unit cost analysis for the product based on target production volumes and associated manufacturing Recurring Costs (RC).
- All foreground Intellectual Property (IP) rights are handed over to customers at the end of the project, after full payment of services.
- The product defined in the contract is delivered against a defined delivery schedule.
- The final product can be a Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) or a full end-product in its final package as received by the end-customer.