The small power losses of the High-temperature silicon-controlled rectifiers (SCRs) range allow more density at 150°C. The circuit will then be able to draw more current or the heatsinking will be reduced accordingly in all inrush current limiters, converters and SSRs. The transient immunity has been maxed out and the triggering current of the gate kept low. The trade-off is a tight one, so that only the finest ST technology could tune it. High-temperature Thyristors belong to our STPOWER family.
Together with the innovative surface mount D3PAK package it is one more step towards power density in EV battery chargers, industrial power supplies, charging stations, motorbike voltage regulators, motor drive applications and uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) converters. The expanding 1200 V automotive grade SCR range is a bonus for the relevant segment; and this quality benchmark beneficiates all SCR production lines.
The TN1610H-6I, TN2010H-6I & TN2015H-6I are new 16 and 20 A, 600 V Thyristor in TO-220 – insulated package. Used in controlled rectifier bridge, AC relay or as HV crowbar protection for SMPS, it perfectly suits compact power modules with a 1000 V/µs noise immunity. Be it for motorcycle voltage regulator or motor starter, the 150°C junction temperature gives headroom for smaller heatsink and higher load control.
Available in SMD as well as through-hole-isolated and non-isolated packages, ST's high-Tj SCRs feature:
- a very low gate-triggering current (600 V SCRs only)
- a peak off-state voltage (blocking voltage) from 600 V up to 1200 V
- a maximum on-state current from 12 A to 80 A
- a maximum junction temperature of 150°C
Discover how to protect againts greater voltage spikes with High-Temperature Thyristors such as TN5015H-6G (50 A on-state current, 600 V off-state voltage).
The STEVAL-DPSTPFC1 3.6 kW bridgeless totem pole boost circuit achieves a digital power factor correction (PFC) with inrush current limiter (ICL). It helps you to design an innovative topology with the latest ST power kit devices: a silicon carbide MOSFET (SCTW35N65G2V), a thyristor SCR (TN3050H-12WY), an isolated FET driver (STGAP2S) and a 32-bit MCU (STM32F334).
20 A, 30A and 50 A on-state RMS current-rated SCRs with enhanced immunity and 150°C Tj max
ST's new series of 20 A, 30 A and 50 A silicon controlled rectifiers (SCRs) adds to our existing range of high-temperature thyristors:
- The new TN2010H series of SCRs has a narrower spread gate-triggering current – 5 mA typ. and 10 mA max. – than previous generations, while delivering high electrical noise immunity and further improving the reliability of the end products.
- The new TN3015H series of SCRs featuring 1000 V/µs high-noise-immunity provides high compactness power modules designers with an high margin on performances and reliability. The 15 mA gate current makes it easily driveable by microcontrollers. It is available in a TO-220, TO-220AB Ins. and D2PAK package outline.
- The new TN5015H series of SCRs includes the largest SCR fitted in a TO-220 package outline. This performs as an excellent crowbar circuit due to its large die size and surge on-state current (ITSM). The 15 mA gate current makes it easily driveable by microcontrollers.
Designed for low profile and reduced power consumption modules, these are ideal for solid-state relays, SMPS or battery chargers.
Get started with STEVAL-SCR001V1 – ST's inrush current limiter solution board – embedding our bypass thyristor !
eDesignSuite is a comprehensive set of easy-to-use design-aid utilities ready to help you streamline the system development process with a wide range of ST products.