The BlueNRG-MS is a very low power Bluetooth low energy (BLE) single-mode network processor, compliant with Bluetooth specification v4.2. The BlueNRG-MS supports multiple roles simultaneously and can act at the same time as Bluetooth smart sensor and hub device.
The Bluetooth Low Energy stack runs on the embedded ARM Cortex-M0 core. The stack is stored on the on-chip non-volatile Flash memory and can be easily upgraded via SPI.
The device comes pre-programmed with a production-ready stack image(Its version could change at any time without notice). A different or more up-to-date stack image can be downloaded from the ST website and programmed on the device through the ST provided software tools.
The BlueNRG-MS allows applications to meet the tight advisable peak current requirements imposed by standard coin cell batteries.
The maximum peak current is only 10 mA at 1 dBm output power. Ultra low-power sleep modes and very short transition times between operating modes allow very low average current consumption, resulting in longer battery life.
The BlueNRG-MS offers the option of interfacing with external microcontrollers via SPI transport layer.
- Bluetooth specification v4.2 compliant master and slave single-mode Bluetooth low energy network processor
- Embedded Bluetooth low energy protocol stack: GAP, GATT, SM, L2CAP, LL,RF-PHY
- Bluetooth low energy profiles provided separately
- Operating supply voltage: from 1.7 to 3.6 V
- 8.2 mA maximum TX current(@0 dBm, 3.0 V)
- Down to 1.7 μA current consumption with active BLE stack
- Integrated linear regulator and DC-DC step-down converter
- Up to +8 dBm available output power(at antenna connector)
- Excellent RF link budget(up to 96 dB)
- Accurate RSSI to allow power control
- Proprietary application controller interface (ACI), SPI based, allows interfacing with an external host application microcontroller
- Full link controller and host security
- High performance, ultra-low power Cortex-M0 32-bit based architecture core
- Upgradable BLE stack(stored in embedded Flash memory, via SPI)
- AES security co-processor
- Low power modes
- 16 or 32 MHz crystal oscillator
- 12 MHz ring oscillator
- 32 kHz crystal oscillator
- 32 kHz ring oscillator
- Battery voltage monitor
- Compliant with the following radio frequency regulations: ETSI EN 300 328, EN 300 440, FCC CFR47 Part 15, ARIB STD-T66
- Available in QFN32 (5x5 mm) and WLCSP34 (2.66x2.56 mm) packages
- Operating temperature range: -40 °C to 85 °C
Wireless Transceivers, MCUs and Modules
Support and Applications
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|VFQFPN32 5X5X0.9 3.6X3.6EP 0.5P||Industrial||Ecopack3|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.