The VN5E050ASO-E is a single channel high-side driver manufactured using ST proprietary VIPower®M0-5 technology and housed in the SO-16L package. The device is designed to drive 12 V automotive grounded loads, and to provide protection and diagnostics. It also implements a 3 V and 5 V CMOS-compatible interface for the use with any microcontroller.
The device integrates advanced protective functions such as load current limitation, inrush and overload active management by power limitation, overtemperature shut-off with auto-restart and overvoltage active clamp. A dedicated analog current sense pin is associated with every output channel providing enhanced diagnostic functions including fast detection of overload and short-circuit to ground through power limitation indication, overtemperature indication, short-circuit to VCCdiagnosis and on-state and off-state open-load detection.
The current sensing and diagnostic feedback of the whole device can be disabled by pulling the CS_DIS pin high to share the external sense resistor with similar devices.
- Inrush current active management by power limitation
- Very low standby current
- 3.0 V CMOS compatible inputs
- Optimized electromagnetic emissions
- Very low electromagnetic susceptibility
- Compliant with European directive 2002/95/EC
- Very low current sense leakage
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Diagnostic functions
- Proportional load current sense
- High current sense precision for wide currents range
- Current sense disable
- Off-state open-load detection
- Output short to VCCdetection
- Overload and short to ground (power limitation) indication
- Thermal shutdown indication
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Overvoltage clamp
- Load current limitation
- Self limiting of fast thermal transients
- Protection against loss of ground and loss of VCC
- Overtemperature shutdown with auto restart (thermal shutdown)
- Reverse battery protected
- Electrostatic discharge protection
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.