OPENRTOS® from WITTENSTEIN high integrity systems is the commercially supported and licensed version of the highly successful, free to download, FreeRTOS™, the most popular kernel available for embedded micro-controllers.
OPENRTOS® has minimal ROM, RAM and processing overhead. Typically an OPENRTOS® kernel binary image will be in the region of 4-to-9 Kbytes. OPENRTOS® is also very simple to use with the core of the RTOS kernel being contained in only 3 C source files.
OPENRTOS® is available integrated with USB, FAT and TCP/IP, providing a complete embedded platform with a fully commercial license.
OPENRTOS® is supplied as source code under a straightforward perpetual license with no runtime fees or royalties. Customers receive comprehensive documentation and our full support after delivery.
This product is supplied by a third party not affiliated to ST. For complete and latest information on the specification and the purchased parts package, refer to the third party’s website https://www.highintegritysystems.com
- Benefits of licensing OPENRTOS®:
- Removes the FreeRTOS modified GPL conditions
- Commercial indemnification including explicit exclusion of open source code
- Professional support
- Support for middleware through our CONNECT Middleware suite
- Supplied as source code, with demo project
- Small footprint, below 9 Kbytes ROM, 200 bytes of RAM (typical) on Cortex®-M
- Supports the complete STM32 processor family
- Compiler agnostic
- Preemptive scheduling option
- Co-operative scheduling option
- Easy to use message passing.
- Round robin with time slicing
- Mutexes with priority inheritance
- Recursive mutexes
- Binary and counting semaphores
- Very efficient software timer
- Easy to use API