The VL6180 API is a set of C functions controlling the VL6180 (init, ranging, etc.) to enable the development of end-user applications. This API is structured in a way it can be compiled on any kind of platforms through a well-isolated platform layer (mainly for low level I2C access). Several code examples are provided to show how to use API and perform ranging measurements. A complete Nucleo F401 and VL6180 expansion board project is also provided (Keil IDE required to compile this project) as well as the pre-compiled binary that can be used directly.
The VL6180 is a product based on ST’s patented FlightSense technology. This is a ground-breaking technology allowing absolute distance to be measured independent of target reflectance. Instead of estimating the distance by measuring the amount of light reflected back from the object (which is significantly influenced by color and surface), the VL6180 precisely measures the time the light takes to travel to the nearest object and reflect back to the sensor (Time-of-Flight).
The VL6180 device combines an IR emitter and a range sensor in a two-in-one ready-to- use reflowable package (see VL6180 module).
- VL6180 application programming interface (API) source code (C language)
- Full ranging features control
- API structured in a way it can be easily ported/compiled on any microcontroller platform
- Several examples showing how to use API to perform ranging measurements
- Complete Nucleo STM32 F401 project (source code + binary) working with VL6180 expansion board (under Keil IDE)
- API documentation (.chm and .html)
|製品型番||Software Version||Marketing Status||サプライヤ||ダウンロード|