Developers use the Mantis Wi-Fi shield (I-NUCLEO-MANTIS), based on Numbat and Numbat 106 modules, to test and develop with ZentriOS (advanced wireless operating system by Zentri) on any STM32 Nucleo development kit. ZentriOS (and applications with the AMW106 variant with the STM32F411 MCU) runs directly on the module and provides a complete network connectivity solution controllable through a simple command API to an STM32 host.
The Numbat AMW006 and AMW106 are ultra-low power Wi-Fi networking modules enabling battery-powered devices to easily connect to the internet. Complete with regulatory certification, the Numbat family offers multiple devices in a footprint and a command-API-compatible form factor. They are fast and powerful to allow more applications and Wi-Fi services to run concurrently for successful IoT projects.
Security elements are engrained in the Numbat ethos within every layer of the stack, surpassing IoT industry standards. The modules run an embedded TCP/IP networking stack and web server with RESTful API/websockets and SSL/TLS/HTTPS security and offer RF pads allowing maximum antenna flexibility. The following Wi-Fi security types are supported: Open, WEP, WPA, WPA2-AES and WPA2-mixed modes.
A fully licensed version of ZentriOS complete with every module provides easy development of custom embedded applications and the fastest and most secure way to get product data to the cloud and Zentri Cloud Services. Cloud services are the key to remote management for IoT products, including proactive over-the-air updates and out-of-the-box connections to cloud services such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, ERPs, CRMs, and more.
This product is supplied by a third party not affiliated to STmicroelectronics. For the latest information on the specification and the package of the purchased parts, refer to the third party’s website at www.zentri.com.
- Powered directly from the STM32 Nucleo host board or via the USB connector.
- Up to 5 Mbit/s with hardware flow control (optional)
- Dual-wire whip antennas to support antenna diversity
- On-board LEDs indicate data transmit/receive from a host microcontroller and additional system indicator LEDs show network connection state
- Two user-programmable buttons and two LEDs
- Breakout headers with 2x2x10-pin header (connects to every pin on the AMWx06 module) and ground hooks for easy prototyping
- Based on Numbat and Numbat 106 module of:
- STM32F411: 100-MHz ARM®Cortex®-M4 core,128-Kbyte RAM (Numbat 106)
- STM32F401: 84-MHz ARM®Cortex®-M4 core, 96-Kbyte RAM (Numbat)
- Includes ZentriOS operating system for cloud access to enable OTA updates, device monitoring, control, and more
- Rapid embedded application (ZAP) development (Numbat 106)
- Standalone or slave Wi-Fi networking module with +5 V tolerant I/Os
- Communications interfaces: UART, SPI, I2C
- User programmable GPIOs, ADCs, DACs and timers
- Support for simultaneous client (STA) and access point (softAP) modes
- Automatic (or manual) secure upgrades via wireless network, FTP or serial interface
- Configurable via serial or wireless interface with user-friendly ASCII commands
- Network discovery protocols including mDNS (Zeroconf) and Link-local Multicast Name Resolution (LLMNR)
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) for one-step push-button connection to a user’s API