The ON-FUSB3-STM32 is a complete and cost effective solution to evaluate USB Type-C™ rev 1.3 interface and Power Delivery protocol revision PD 3.0.
This evaluation board uses a TCPM/TCPC architecture with the STMicroelectronics STM32F072, 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M0 MCU as a Type-C port manager (TCPM) and the ON Semiconductor® FUSB307B Type-C port controller device compliant with the USB-PD 3.0 v1.1 specification.
The ON-FUSB3-STM32 board is compliant with the USB Type-C™ port controller interface (TCPCi) specification and is designed to manage a separate single- or multi-port Type-C port controller (TCPC) device.
The FUSB307B offers a 1 Mbit/s I2C microcontroller interface and integrates control circuitry for high-voltage ports with functions such as plug-insertion/orientation detection and dead-battery power-up. Time-critical Power-Delivery functions that offload the microcontroller effectively enable any STM32, including entry-level devices, to manage multi-port, multi-role USB-PD interfaces.
STMicroelectronics provides a software Expansion Package, X-CUBE-USB-PD, that implements the protocol layer and policy engine of the USB-PD specification 3.0.
The ON-FUSB3-STM32 and the included software support one USB Type-C™ port operating as source, sink, or DRP, depending on the customer application use case. This evaluation board is designed for both stand-alone operation and connection to test equipment for specific testing.
This product is supplied by a third party not affiliated to ST. For complete and latest information on the specification and the purchased parts package, refer to the third party's website http://www.onsemi.com/.
- TCPM: STM32F072CB, 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M0 microcontroller
- TCPC: ON Semiconductor® FUSB307B device
- USB Type-C™ rev 1.3 compatible
- USB-PD rev3.0 v1.1 compatible
- Fast role swap
- Sink transmit
- Extended data messages (chunked)
- Dual-role functionality:
- manual Type-C detection
- automatic DRP (dual-role port) toggling
- USB-PD interface specification support
- automatic GoodCRC packet response
- automatic retries of sending packet
- all start of packet SOP* types supported
- VBUS source and sink control
- Integrated 3 W capable VCONN to CCx switch
- 10-bit VBUS ADC
- Programmable GPIOs
- 4 selectable I2C addresses
- Dead-battery operation
- powered from VBUS
- LDO output providing power to the STM32
- FUSB307B: 16-pin WQFN(3x3)
- STM32F072CB: 48-pin LQFP(7x7)
All tools & software
|Resource title||Latest update|
|21 Jan 2020||
21 Jan 2020
|17 Nov 2020||
17 Nov 2020
|17 Nov 2020||
17 Nov 2020