SEGGER's emPower OS is a complete operating system that provides the ideal environment for any developer creating an embedded system or IoT device. It can be adapted to run in resource-constrained, single-chip microcontroller systems without external memory or scaled up for highest performance without unnecessary overhead on application processors (MPUs). emPower OS is an all-in-one, easy, cost-effective solution for STM32 MCUs and MPUs.
Meeting all the requirements of a cutting-edge, high-performance operating system, the emPower OS software package includes:
- Real-time operating system (RTOS)
- Standard software libraries /middleware
- Security algorithms and protocols
- Connectivity libraries (USB, Ethernet, WiFi, Modbus)
- User interface & graphic libraries
- File system & compression algorithms
All software components work seamlessly together and are continuously tested on a variety of STM32 microcontrollers / microprocessors. They are written in plain C and can be compiled by any standard ANSI/ISO C compiler.
Getting started with emPower OS is easy. It also significantly reduces the time required to deliver a product by using robust, well-tested components that simply work. The software components also serve as the solid foundation in SEGGER hardware products, such as the J-Link debug probe, the J-Trace streaming probe and the Flasher production programmer families.
- Set up with proven components
- Makes it easy to port the software between different hardware platforms
- One-stop solution developed & supported by SEGGER
- Start application development immediately
- Runs out-of-the-box on many popular STM32 hardware platforms
- Royalty-free under SEGGER commercial licensing