STSPIN32F0601 is an integrated solution based on high-voltage gate driving technology suitable for three-phase BLDC motor drives.
This device embeds everything what is needed to build a complete driving stage, including:
- ARM-Core® MCU
- 3-phase gate drivers
- Power stage protection and bootstrap diodes
- Signal conditioning
The STSPIN32F0601 system-in-package (SIP) is an extremely integrated solution for driving three-phase applications supplied by 220Vac mains, helping designers to reduce PCB area and overall bill-of-material.
Key target applications:
- Home and Industrial refrigerators compressors
- Industrial drives, pumps, fans
- Air conditioning compressors & fans
- Corded power tools, garden tools
- Home appliances
The integrated STM32 MCU allows performing FOC, 6-step sensorless, or sensored, and other advanced driving algorithms including the positioning and speed control loops.
ST offer includes a full ecosystem with software libraries, tools, GUI as well as high voltage power MOSFETs or IGBTs.
MCU for data computation is based on 32-bit ARM Cortex-M0 core STM32F031:
- Up to 48 MHz clock frequency
- 4-Kbyte SRAM with HW parity
- 32-Kbyte Flash memory with option bytes used for write/readout protection
- UART, I2C and SPI communication
Three-phase gate driver provides:
- High voltage rail up to 600 V
- 200/350 mA source/sink current
- Embedded bootstrap diodes
- Outstanding below-ground robustness (down to more than -100V)
- dV/dt transient immunity ±50 V/ns
- Gate driving voltage range from 9V to 20V
Signal conditioning circuits:
- Overcurrent comparator
ST offers the EVSPIN32F0601S1 and EVSPIN32F0601S3 evaluation boards, a complete 3-phase inverters based on STSPIN32F0601. They embed STGD6M65DF2 IGBTs in DPAK package, providing up to 6 A output current capability without additional heatsink.
EVSPIN32F0601S1 and EVSPIN32F0601S3 are compatible with the STM32 Motor Control Software Development Kit (MCSDK)
- High density integration – significant BOM reduction
- Very high flexibility thanks to embedded STM32 that can implement any motion control algorithm
- Increased system Outstanding below-ground robustness (down to more than -100V)
- Enhanced immunity to EMI
- Variety of protection (UVLO, Interlocking and deadtime functions)
- Standby mode for low power consumption
- Easy to run
Signal Conditioning & Protection
Power & Energy Management
The EVSPIN32F0601S1 or EVSPIN32F0601S3 boards are complete 3-phase inverters based on the STSPIN32F0601 motor controller, which embeds a 3-phase 600 V gate driver and a Cortex®-M0 STM32 MCU. The power stage features STGD6M65DF2 IGBTs but can be populated with any IGBT or Power MOSFET in DPAK or PowerFLAT™ 8x8 HV package.
The evaluation board is compatible with a wide range input voltage from 50 V to 280 V DC/AC and includes a power supply stage with the VIPER06XS in flyback configuration to generate +15 V and +3.3 V supply voltage required by the application.
The TSV91x operational amplifiers (op amps) offer low voltage operation and rail-to-rail input and output. Together with shunt resistors they create current sensing topology which allows implementation of both the field-oriented control (FOC) and sensored or sensorless 6-step control.
Debug and configuration of FW can be performed with standard STM32 tools through the detachable STLINK-debugger. SWD and UART TX-RX connectors are also available.
This Complete solution allows driving permanent magnet synchronous motors (PMSMs) and 3-phase brushless DC (BLDC) motors.
The EVSPIN32F0601S1 or EVSPIN32F0601S3 boards are designed for evaluation purpose only. However, their gerber files can be used as reference design.