The power distribution solution implemented by using the VIPower® HSD VN7000AY product, enhances the reliability performances of the system thanks to the full set of protections available and to the diagnostic provided on the status of the load; on top of this we can also add the well-known system optimization provided by a silicon based solution compared to the relays based solution (reduction of the space on the board, power losses optimization, no noise generation due to mechanical parts).
ST has a wide offer of intelligent power switches (IPS) based on our proprietary VIPower® technology that provides low power losses and a set of protection and diagnostics features to easy the design of the power distribution systems in the vehicles.
This solution is able to address the most recent Power Distribution modules including the replacement of mechanical Relays.
- Power Distribution Switch
- High current relays replacement
- Engine cooling fan
- The solution meets the raising needs of efficiency, diagnostics and smarter power distribution.
- ST Intelligent Power Switches, based on our proprietary VIPower M0-7 technology, is the key element for supporting the market requirements
- The VIPower® VN7000AY is a 1.3mΩ HSD designed to drive high current loads and can be used for the high current relays replacement. The key benefits this device bring to the total solution is the full set of protection and diagnostic strongly improving the reliability of the system solution.
- The 32 bit automotive MCUs Chorus family offers full scalability to address different system performance needs and provides EVITA full security support and meets functional safety level up to ASIL-D.
- Free ready to run GUI available on www.st.com (based on SPC560B MCU), to support quick evaluation and development.
To evaluate the High Side Driver VN7000AY in the Power Distribution Solution, you can combine:
The proposed kit is a valid tool allowing the evaluation of the VN7000AY versus customer’s needs.
It can be used to explore and evaluate the device protections and the thermal performances versus customer load.