The X-NUCLEO-IHM15A1 dual brush DC motor driver expansion board is based on the STSPIN840. It is designed for easy evaluation and proof of concept. It’s the next member of X-NUCLEO series and can be very easily connected to STM32 NUCLEO boards (NUCLEO-F401RE, for example) through the standard Arduino™ UNO connector.
Using this HW solution combined with firmware the X-CUBESPN15 package, you get the complete environment for running a brushed DC motor. The STM32CubeMX & ST-Link are also required.
- Operating voltage from 7 to 45 V
- Maximum output current 1.5 Arms
- RDSon HS + LS = 1 Ω typ.
- Current control with adjustable OFF time
- Current sensing based on external shunt resistors
- Full protections set
- Non-dissipative overcurrent protection
- Short-circuit protection
- Undervoltage lockout
- Thermal shutdown
- Parallel operation mode achieving single full-bridge configuration with output IRMS = 3 Arms and RDSon HS + LS = 500 mΩ typ.
- Low standby current consumption