Barr Group's Embedded Security Boot Camp® is a 4-day immersion into the unique challenges of building security into embedded devices. Through lectures and hands-on exercises, this intense, fun, and information-rich program will lead engineers through the steps of architecting and implementing secure embedded systems applications, including preventing electronics, firmware, and network attacks using only the processing power and memory of resource-constrained embedded devices. This course is best suited for experienced embedded systems design engineers.
Topics covered in this course include :
- How to perform threat modeling and assessment
- A set of software development processes to detect and prevent security bugs
- How to secure data at rest with encryption and authentication
- How to secure data in motion with a secure protocol and how to manage keys securely
- Best practice mechanical and electrical security design techniques
- Considerations for secure bootloaders and secure the firmware update