The STA333IS is an integrated circuit comprising digital audio processing, digital amplifier control and an FFX™power output stage to create a high-power, single-chip FFX solution for all-digital amplification with high quality and high efficiency.
The STA333IS power section consists of four independent half-bridge stages. Two channels can be provided by two full bridges, delivering up to 10 W + 10 W of power.
Also featured in the STA333IS are new advanced modes for reducing AM radio interference. The serial audio data input interface accepts all possible formats, including the popular I2S format. Two channels of FFX™processing are provided.
The STA333IS is part of the Sound Terminal®family that provides full digital audio streaming to the speaker, offering cost effectiveness, low-power dissipation and sound enrichment.
- Wide-range supply voltage (4.5 V - 20 V)
- 2 channels of ternary PWM (stereo mode)
- 2 channels of 24-bit FFX™
- 100 dB SNR and dynamic range
- Selectable 32- to 192-kHz input sampling rates
- Digital gain -80 dB to +48 dB in 0.5 dB steps
- Software volume update
- Individual channel and master gain/attenuation
- Individual channel and master software and hardware mute
- Independent channel volume bypass
- Automatic zero-detect mute
- Automatic invalid input detect mute
- Short-circuit detection at startup (Out-Vcc, Out-Gnd, Out 1b-Out 2a)
- 2-channel I2S input data interface
- 2 Hz DC cut filter (input)
- Input channel mapping
- Automatic volume control for limiting maximum power
- 96 kHz internal processing sampling rate, 24-bit precision
- Advanced modes for AM interference frequency switching and noise suppression
- Embedded thermal-overload and short-circuit protection
- Video application: 576 * fSinput mode support
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.