The STA333W is an integrated circuit comprising digital audio processing, digital amplifier control and DDX®power output stage to create a high-power, single-chip DDX®solution for all-digital amplification with high quality and high efficiency.
The STA333W power section consists of four independent half-bridges stages. These can be configured via digital control to operate in different modes. 2 channels can be provided by two full bridges, providing up to 20 W + 20 W of power.
Also provided in the STA333W are new advanced AM radio interference reduction modes. The serial audio data input interface accepts all possible formats, including the popular I2S format. Three channels of DDX®processing are provided.
The STA333W is part of the Sound Terminal™ family that provides full digital audio streaming to the speaker offering cost effectiveness, low power dissipation and sound enrichment.
- Wide supply-voltage range (4.5 V - 20 V)
- 2 power output configurations
- 2 channels of binary PWM (stereo mode)
- 2 channels of ternary PWM (stereo mode)
- PowerSSO-36 with exposed pad down
- 2 channels of 24-bit DDX®
- 100-dB SNR and dynamic range
- Selectable 32- to 192-kHz input sample rates
- I2C control with selectable device address
- Digital gain -80 dB to +48 dB in 0.5-dB steps
- Software volume update
- Individual channel and master gain/attenuation
- Individual channel and master software and hardware mute
- Independent channel volume bypass
- Automatic zero-detect mute
- Automatic invalid input detect mute
- 2-channel I2S input data Interface
- Selectable clock input ratio
- Input channel mapping
- Automatic volume control for limiting maximum power
- 96-kHz internal processing sample rate, 24-bit precision
- Advanced AM interference frequency switching and noise suppression modes
- Thermal-overload and short-circuit protection embedded
- Video application: 576 * fSinput mode support
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.