The TS488 is a dual audio power amplifier capable of driving, in single-ended mode, either a 16 Ω or a 32 Ω stereo headset.
The TS488 eliminates pop and click noise and reduces the number of required external passive components.
Capable of descending to low voltages, it delivers up to 31 mW per channel (into 16 Ω loads) of continuous average power with 0.1% THD+N in the audio bandwidth from a 2.5 V power supply.
An externally-controlled standby mode reduces the supply current to 10 nA (typ.). The unity gain stable is configured by external gain-setting resistors.
- Pop and click noise protection circuitry
- Operating range from VCC = 2.2 V to 5.5 V
- Standby mode active low
- Output power:
- 120 mW at 5 V, into 16 Ω with 0.1% THD+N max. (1 kHz)
- 55 mW at 3.3 V, into 16 Ω with 0.1% THD+N max. (1 kHz)
- Low current consumption: 2.7 mA max. at 5 V
- Ultra-low standby current consumption: 10 nA typical
- High signal-to-noise ratio
- High crosstalk immunity: 102 dB (F = 1 kHz)
- PSRR: 70 dB typ. (F = 1 kHz), inputs grounded at 5 V
- Unity-gain stable
- Short-circuit protection circuitry
- Available in DFN8 2x2 mm
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.