The L9524C is a control IC for up to six glow plugs of diesel engines. The glow plugs are switched by up to four external PWM-controlled N-channel Power MOSFETs or a single relay in high-side configuration.
Supply voltage, battery voltage, junction temperature, switches, currents through the glow plugs, and charge pump voltage are monitored.
A two-wire interface is used to communicate with the diesel engine management system.
- Active clamping during load dump
- Charge pump voltage monitoring with shutdown
- Monitoring of currents through the glow plugs with shutdown at overcurrent (adjustable threshold)
- Junction temperature monitoring with shutdown
- Quad gate driver for external N-channel Power MOSFETs in high-side configuration:\t\t
Gates driven by PWM output signal\t\t Adjustable gate charge/discharge currents\t\t Limited gate-to-source voltages\t\t Negative clamping for inductive loads\t\t Advanced run-off control\t\t Regulation of the power through the glow plugs\t\t
- Battery-voltage-compatible two-wire interface
- Control output for external relay driver
- Battery voltage monitoring with shutdown
- Monitoring of external switches
- Supply voltage monitoring with shutdown
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.