L9823 is a octal low-side driver circuit, dedicated for automotive applications.
Output voltage clamping is provided for flyback current recirculation, when inductive loads are driven.
Chip select and cascadable serial 8-bit Interface for outputs control and diagnostic data transfer.
- Outputs current capability up to 0.5 A
- Cascadable SPI control for outputs
- Reset function with reset signal or undervoltage at VDD
- Programmable intrinsic output voltage clamping at typ. 50 V for inductive switching
- Overcurrent shutdown with latch-off for every write cycle (SFPD = low)
- Independent thermal shutdown of outputs (SOA Protection)
- Output status data available on the SPI using 8-bit I/O protocol up to 3.0 MHz
- Low standby current with reset = low (typ. 35 μA @ VDD)
- Open load detection (outputs off)
- Single VDD logic supply
- High EMS immunity and low EME (controlled output slopes)
- Full functionality of the remaining device at negative voltage drop on outputs (-1.5 V or -3.0 A)
- Output mode programmable for sustained current limit or shutdown
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.