The VB525SP-E is a high voltage power integrated circuit made using the STMicroelectronics™ VIPower™ M1-3 technology, with Darlington and logic level compatible vertical current flow power driving circuit.
The enable pin allows to externally block the switch when the input is on. A built-in protection circuit for coil current limiting and collector voltage clamping allows the device to be used as a smart, high voltage, high current interface in advanced electronic ignition systems. If the input signal from the microcontroller happens to remain high, the device protects itself against overheating by forcing collector current to smoothly decrease (low voltage clamp feature) to avoid undesired spark.
- ECOPACK®: lead free and RoHS compliant
- Primary coil voltage internally set
- Coil current limit internally set
- Logic level compatible input
- Driving current quasi proportional to collector current
- Single flag on coil current
- Low voltage clamp thermal shutdown
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.