The VND5E012AY-E is a device made using STMicroelectronics®VIPower®M0-5 technology. It is intended for driving resistive or inductive loads with one side connected to ground. Active VCC pin voltage clamp protects the device against low energy spikes.
This device integrates an analog current sense which delivers a current proportional to the load current when CS_DIS high leads the current sense pin in high impedance.
Fault conditions such as overload, overtemperature or open-load are reported via the current sense pin
Output current limitation protects the device in overload condition. In case of long overload duration, the device limits the dissipated power to safe level up to thermal shutdown intervention. Thermal shutdown with automatic restart allows the device to recover normal operation as soon as fault condition disappears.
- Inrush current active management by power limitation
- Very low standby current
- 3.0V CMOS compatible input
- Optimized electromagnetic emission
- Very low electromagnetic susceptibility
- In compliance with the 2002/95/EC european directive
- Proportional load current sense
- High current sense precision for wide range current
- Very low current sense leakage
- Diagnostic functions:
- Off-state open-load detection
- Current sense disable
- Thermal shutdown indication
- Output short to VCCdetection
- Overload and short to ground (power limitation) indication
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Overvoltage clamp
- Load current limitation
- Self limiting of fast thermal transients
- Protection against loss of ground and loss of VCC
- Thermal shutdown
- Reverse battery protection with self switch of the Power MOS
- Electrostatic discharge protection
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.