The VND5T100LAJ-E and VND5T100LAS-E are monolithic devices made using STMicroelectronics® VIPower® technology, intended for driving resistive or inductive loads with one side connected to ground. Active VCCpin voltage clamp protects the devices against low energy spikes.
These devices integrate an analog current sense which delivers a current proportional to the load current.
Fault conditions such as overload, overtemperature or short to VCC are reported via the current sense pin.
Output current limitation protects the devices in overload condition. The devices latch off in case of overload or thermal shutdown.
The devices are reset by a low level pass on the fault reset standby pin.
A permanent low level on the inputs and fault reset standby pin disables all outputs and sets the devices in standby mode.
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Very low standby current
- 3.0 V CMOS compatible input
- Optimized electromagnetic emission
- Very low electromagnetic susceptibility
- Compliance with European directive 2002/95/EC
- Fault reset standby pin (FR_Stby)
- Optimized for LED application
- Diagnostic functions
- Proportional load current sense
- High current sense precision for wide range currents
- Off-state open-load detection
- Output short to VCC detection
- Overload and short to ground latch-off
- Thermal shutdown latch-off
- Very low current sense leakage
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Overvoltage clamp
- Load current limitation
- Self limiting of fast thermal transients
- Protection against loss of ground and loss of VCC
- Thermal shutdown
- Electrostatic discharge protection
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.