The VNQ5027AK-E is a monolithic device made using STMicroelectronics VIPower technology. It is intended for driving resistive or inductive loads with one side connected to ground. Active VCC pin voltage clamp protects the device against low energy spikes (see ISO7637 transient compatibility table).
This device integrates an analog current sense which delivers a current proportional to the load current (according to a known ratio) when CS_DIS is driven low or left open. When CS_DIS is driven high, the CURRENT SENSE pin is in a high impedance condition. Output current limitation protects the device in overload condition. In case of long overload duration, the device limits the dissipated power to safe level up to thermal shut-down intervention.
Thermal shut-down with automatic restart allows the device to recover normal operation as soon as fault condition disappears.
- Protection against loss of ground and loss of VCC
- Very low stand-by current
- Optimized electromagnetic emission
- Very low electromagnetic susceptibility
- In compliance with the 2002/95/EC European directive
- Reverse battery protection (see Application schematic)
- Package: ECOPACK®
- Thermal shut down
- Overvoltage clamp
- Output current: 42A
- Current sense disable
- 3.0V CMOS compatible input
- Undervoltage shut-down
- Current and power limitation
- Proportional load current sense
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.