The FDA802B is a dual bridge class D amplifier, designed in the most advanced BCD technology specially intended for car radio applications.
The FDA802B integrates a high performance D/A converter together with powerful MOSFET outputs in class D, to get an outstanding efficiency compared to the standard class AB.
The integrated D/A converter allows to reach outstanding performances (110 dB S/N ratio with 110 dB of dynamic range).
Thanks to the high-voltage MOSFET output stages it can operate both under standard car battery (6-18 V) and under boosted power supply (up to 50 V) to reach the highest possible power with integrated solution.
The feedback loop is including the output L-C low-pass filter, allowing superior frequency response linearity and lower distortion independently from the inductor and capacitor quality.
FDA802B is fully configurable through I2C bus interface and integrates a complete diagnostics array specially intended for automotive applications.
Thanks to the solutions implemented to solve the EMI problems, the device is intended to be used in the standard single DIN car-radio box together with the tuner.
Moreover FDA802B is able to work with power supply as low as 5.5 V, thus supporting the most recent low voltage ('start-stop') car-makers specification.
The device provides a breakthrough innovative digital impedance-meter which is able to communicate via I2C the output load value.
- AEC-Q100 (rev. G) qualified
- Integrated 110 dB D/A conversion
- I2S and TDM digital input (3.3/1.8 V)
- Input sampling frequency: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 96 kHz, 192 kHz
- Full I2C bus driving (3.3/1.8 V) with 8 different I2C bus addresses
- EMI control for FM/AM compatibility
- EMI compliance evaluated following normative IEC61967-4 and IEC62132-4
- Low radiation function (LRF)
- Very low quiescent current
- Output low-pass filter included in the feedback allowing outstanding audio performances
- Wide operating supply range: target 5.5 V-50 V
- MOSFET power outputs allowing high output power capability under step-up voltage:
- 2 x 120 W /4 Ω @ 35 V, 1 kHz THD = 1%(2 x150 W /4 Ω @ 35 V, 1 kHz THD =10%)
- 2 x 140 W /8 Ω @ 50 V, 1 kHz THD = 1% (2 x180 W /8 Ω @ 50 V, 1 kHz THD =10%)
- 2 x 270 W /8 Ω @ 50 V max output power
- Operation under standard car battery with high output power:
- 2 x 22 W /4 Ω @ 14 V, 1 kHz THD = 1%(2 x 28 W /4 Ω @ 14 V, 1 kHz THD = 10%)
- 2 x 37 W /2 Ω @ 14 V, 1 kHz THD = 1%(2 x 46 W /2 Ω @ 14 V, 1 kHz THD = 10%)
- Possibility to drive 2 Ω loads (until 18 V)
- Independent channel operation
- I2C bus diagnostics:
- Short to Vcc/GND diagnostic (including soft shorts up to 1k Ω)
- DC load diagnostic
- AC load diagnostic (working both with internally generated and externally generated tone)
- Integrated fault protection
- Input and output offset detector
- Clipping detector
- Legacy mode ('no I2C' mode)
- Short circuit and ESD integrated protections
- Package: LQFP64 exposed pad up
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.