The M41T60 is a low-power serial real-time clock (RTC) with a built-in 32.768 kHz oscillator (external crystal controlled). Eight registers are used for the clock/calendar function and are configured in binary-coded decimal (BCD) format. Addresses and data are transferred serially via a two-line, bidirectional bus. The built-in address register is increased automatically after each WRITE or READ data byte.
The eight clock address locations contain the century, year, month, date, day, hour, minute, and second in 24-hour BCD format. Corrections for 28-, 29- (leap year), 30-, and 31-day months are made automatically.
The M41T60 is supplied in a 16-lead QFN package.
- Counters for seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month, years, and century
- 32 KHz crystal oscillator integrating load capacitance and high crystal series resistance operation
- Oscillator stop detection monitors clock operation
- Serial interface supports I2C bus (400 kHz)
- 350 nA timekeeping current at 3 V
- Low operating current of 35 μA (at 400 kHz)
- Timekeeping down to 1.0 V
- 1.3 V to 4.4 V I2C bus operating voltage
- Software clock calibration to compensate deviation of crystal due to temperature
- Software programmable output (OUT)
- Operating temperature of –40 to 85 °C
- Automatic leap year compensation
- Lead-free 16-pin QFN package
- Li-ion rechargeable operation
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.