The X-CUBE-6180A1 software package is an expansion for the STM32Cube, associated with the X-NUCLEO-6180A1 expansion board for the STM32.
The source code of this package is based on the STM32Cube and is aligned with the “multiplatform” file and directory structure to ease portability and code sharing across different STM32 MCU families.
The VL6180 is a proximity sensor based on ST’s patented FlightSense technology. This is a ground-breaking technology allowing absolute distance to be measured independent of target reflectance. Instead of estimating the distance by measuring the amount of light reflected back from the object (which is significantly influenced by color and surface), the VL6180 precisely measures the time the light takes to travel to the nearest object and reflect back to the sensor (Time-of-Flight).
- Driver layer (VL6180 API) for complete management of the VL6180 proximity sensor integrated in the X-NUCLEO-6180A1 expansion board
- Easy portability across different MCU families, thanks to STM32Cube
- Free, user-friendly license terms
- Example code for ranging measurement
- Example code for ranging with multiple VL6180 sensors: up to 4 VL6180 devices can be controlled using the X-NUCLEO-6180A1 expansion board which is equipped with 3 breakout boards (VL6180-SATEL)
Check out our video to get inspired to release your creativity
Guided tour into STM32 ODE and how it can help developers turn bright ideas into great products
The STM32 Open Development Environment is a flexible, easy and affordable way to develop innovative devices and applications. It is based on STM32 Nucleo boards and STM32Cube software.