The X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1 expansion board provides Bluetooth low energy connectivity for developer applications and can be plugged onto an STM32 Nucleo development board (e.g., NUCLEO-L476RG with ultra-low power STM32 microcontroller) through its Arduino UNO R3 connectors.
The expansion board features the Bluetooth® v5.0 compliant and FCC certified BlueNRG-M2SP application processor module based on the ST BlueNRG-2 System-on-Chip. This SoC manages the complete Bluetooth low energy stack and protocols on its Cortex-M0 core and programmable Flash, which can accommodate custom applications developed using the SDK. The BlueNRG-M2SP module supports master and slave modes, increased transfer rates with data length extension (DLE), and AES-128 security encryption.
The X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1 interfaces with the STM32 Nucleo microcontroller via SPI connections and GPIO pins, some of which can be configured by the hardware.
- Based on the BlueNRG-M2SP module FCC certified module (FCC ID: S9NBNRGM2SP and IC: B976C-BNRGM2SP)
- Compatible with STM32 Nucleo boards
- Equipped with Arduino UNO R3 connector
- Scalable solution, capable of cascading multiple boards for larger systems
- Free comprehensive development firmware library and examples for BlueNRG-2 compatible with STM32Cube
- Bluetooth v5.0 compliant
- Supports master and slave modes
- BLE data packet length extension
- Embedded BALF-NRG-02D3 integrated matched balun with harmonic filter
- 1 UART, 1 I²C, 1 SPI, 14 GPIOs, 2 multifunction timers, 10-bit ADC, Watchdog & RTC, DMA controller, PDM stream processor, SWD debug interface
- Small form factor: 11.5mmx13.5mm
- Complemented with Bluetooth low energy protocol stack library (GAP, GATT, SM, L2CAP, LL)
- AES security co-processor
- Bluetooth low energy SDK with a wide range of profiles
- Embedded BlueNRG-2 BLE SoC:
- High performance, ultra-low power Cortex-M0 32-bit based core
- Programmable embedded 256 KB Flash
- 24 KB embedded RAM with data retention
- Up to +8 dBm available output power
- Down to -88 dBm Rx sensitivity
- Up to 96 dB link budget with excellent link reliability
Check out our video to get inspired to release your creativity
Guided tour into STM32 ODE and how it can help developers turn bright ideas into great products
The STM32 Open Development Environment is a flexible, easy and affordable way to develop innovative devices and applications. It is based on STM32 Nucleo boards and STM32Cube software.