The X-NUCLEO-LED61A1 is an expansion board designed to provide a sample application for the compact LED driver based on LED6001. The expansion board is equipped with a single-channel, constant-current LED driver for boost or SEPIC topologies.The X-NUCLEO interfaces with the STM32 microcontroller. It is compatible with the Arduino™ UNO R3 connector.
The brightness of the LED string connected to its output can be controlled through a PWM signal (0 % - 100 % dimming) or a control voltage (analog dimming). Open/Short LED fault, feedback disconnection, LED overcurrent and output-to-ground short-circuit (SEPIC only) faults are detected and managed through the LED driver.
The expansion board is designed to provide examples for applications involving several LEDs arranged is a single string (e.g., indoor and architectural LED lighting, off-grid street lighting, emergency LED lighting, white goods, gaming, etc.).
- Single channel LED Driver, 350 mA constant current
- PWM and analog brightness control with the STM32 Nucleo board
- Selectable boost or SEPIC converter topology
- Up to 92% efficiency (boost converter)
- Open LED, feedback disconnection, LED overcurrent and output-to-ground short-circuit (SEPIC only) fault detection and management
- Onboard photo-transistor for ambient light switch function (analog dimming)
- Wide DC input voltage range: 8 V – 24 V
- Compatible with Arduino™ UNO R3 connectors
- Compatible with STM32 Nucleo boards
- RoHS compliant
Check out our video to get inspired to release your creativity
Guided tour into STM32 ODE and how it can help developers turn bright ideas into great products
Getting started with DC-DC LED Driver expansion board (STM32 ODE)