FP-NET-6LPWIFI1 is an STM32Cube function pack which lets you connect your IoT node in a 6LoWPAN wireless sensor network to the Internet via a Wi-Fi network.
The software, together with the suggested combination of STM32 and ST devices, can be used, for example, to develop smart home, building, ligthting or remote monitoring applications.
The package contains sample applications to manage the 6LoWPAN devices through the OMA Lightweight M2M (LwM2M) protocol and to connect the devices to the IBM Watson IoT cloud services via the MQTT protocol.
The software runs on the STM32 microcontroller and includes drivers for the Wi-Fi module (SPWF01SA), for the S2-LP sub-1GHz RF transceiver and SPIRIT1-based sub-1GHz RF communication modules (SPSGRF-868 or SPSGRF-915); the software also comes with ready-to-use binary firmware for wireless sensor nodes.
The software is based on STM32Cube technology and expands STM32Cube-based packages.
- Complete firmware to connect 6LoWPAN and Wi-Fi networks
- Middleware libraries to support Contiki OS and Contiki 6LoWPAN protocol stack 3.x, MQTT protocol and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Support for mesh networking technology via the standard RPL protocol
- Sample applications to connect a 6LoWPAN network node to a remote server with the OMA Lightweight M2M (LWM2M) protocol or to Watson IoT cloud services provided by IBM
- Sample implementation available for X-NUCLEO-IDS01A4 or X-NUCLEO-IDS01A5 and X-NUCLEO-IDW01M1 boards connected to a NUCLEO-F401RE board, or an X-NUCLEO-S2868A1 board connected to a B-L475E-IOT01A Discovery board
- Easy portability across different MCU families, thanks to STM32Cube
- Free, user-friendly license terms