LoRaWAN® is a low‑power wide‑area network protocol based on LoRa® modulation, allowing low-power sensors to report over ranges of up to dozens of kilometers.
The I-CUBE-LRWAN Expansion Package consists of a set of libraries and application examples for STM32L0 Series, STM32L1 Series, and STM32L4 Series microcontrollers acting as end devices.
This package supports the Semtech LoRa® radio expansion boards SX1276MB1MAS, SX1276MB1LAS, SX1272MB2DAS, and the new generation sx126x mounted on SX1262DVK1DAS, SX1262DVK1CAS, and SX1262DVK1BAS.
This package includes an application running on NUCLEO-L053R8, NUCLEO-L073RZ, NUCLEO-L152RE, NUCLEO-L476RG, and B-L072Z-LRWAN1 embedding the CMWX1ZZABZ-091 LoRa® module (Murata).
It also supports a USI LoRaWAN® technology module through the I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 expansion board (available standalone or included in P-NUCLEO-LRWAN2) and the RisingHF modem RHF0M003 mounted on LRWAN-NS1 expansion board available in P-NUCLEO-LRWAN3. The application reads sensor data from the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 expansion board and sends the sensor data to the LoRa® network in class‑A.
- Compliant with the LoRa Alliance® specification protocol, named LoRaWAN® version V1.0.3 July 2018
- Compliant with the LoRa Alliance® TS-003-Application Layer Clock Synchronization V1.0.0
- Compliant with the LoRa Alliance® TS-004-Fragmented Data Block Transport V1.0.0
- Compliant with the LoRa Alliance® TS-005-Remote Multicast Setup V1.0.0
- Bidirectional end devices with class‑A, class‑B, and class‑C protocol support
- EU 868 MHz ISM band ETSI (European telecommunications standards institute) compliant
- EU 433 MHz ISM band ETSI compliant
- US 915 MHz ISM band FCC (federal communications commission) compliant
- End-device activation either through OTAA (over-the-air activation) or ABP (activation by personalization)
- End-device FUOTA class-C mode application running on NUCLEO-L476 RG
- Adaptive data rate support
- LoRaWAN® test application for certification tests included
- Low-power optimized
- Compliant with the CMWX1ZZABZ-091 LoRa® module from Murata
- Compliant with the WM-SG-SM-42 LoRa® module from USI®
- Compliant with the RHF0M003 modem from RisingHF
- Easy secure element integration
We asked Benjamin the following questions: What is FOTA and it's benefits? How can we meet the challenge of FOTA over LoRaWAN? So LoRaWAN FOTA is really happening?
The STM32 Nucleo pack for LoRa™ technology and high-performance FSK/OOK RF transceiver modem (P-NUCLEO-LRWAN1) is a development tool to learn and develop solutions based on LoRa™ and/or FSK/OOK technologies.
This video will present LoRa Discovery Kit. It will be based on LoRa Nucleo Pack video extended with Network and Application server functionalities. It will detail how to configure, compile and flash software to Discovery Kit. It will show how to connect Discovery Kit to gateway, then gateway to network server, then application server to network. It will demonstration how the full chain works : IoT node, gateway, network & application