osxMotionPE is an add-on software package for X-CUBE-MEMS1. The software runs on the STM32 and includes drivers that recognize ST inertial sensors LSM6DS0, LSM6DS3 or LSM6DSL.
The pose estimation algorithm differentiates between stationary user poses like standing, sitting and lying down, so you can build applications that may, for example, signal the user to stand up after prolonged sitting, activate sleep monitoring if the user is lying down, and even calorie consumption when used in conjunction with activity detection algorithms like osxMotionAW.
The algorithm manages the data acquired exclusively from the accelerometer at the low sampling frequency of 16 Hz to reduce host platform power consumption.
The software comes with sample implementations of the drivers, exploiting STM32Cube software technology and running on X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 board or X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1 with optional STEVAL-MKI160V1 board, mounted on a NUCLEO-F401RE or NUCLEO-L476RG development board.
- Real-time pose estimation (under OpenSoftwareX license) based exclusively on accelerometer data, for wrist applications.
- Complete middleware to build applications on top of X-CUBE-MEMS1.
- Libraries for ARM Cortex-M3 and ARM Cortex-M4 MCU cores.
- Easy portability across different MCU families, thanks to STM32Cube.
- PC-based Windows application to log data.
- Sample implementations available on X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 and X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1 (with optional STEVAL-MKI160V1 board) expansion boards, mounted on a NUCLEO-F401RE or NUCLEO-L476RG development board.