STM32Cube is an STMicroelectronics original initiative to make developer' life easier by reducing development effort, time and cost. STM32Cube covers the whole STM32 portfolio.
STM32Cube includes STM32CubeMX, a graphical software configuration tool that allows the generation of C initialization code using graphical wizards.
It also comprises the STM32CubeWB MCU Package composed of the STM32Cube hardware abstraction layer (HAL) and the low-layer (LL) APIs, a consistent set of middleware components such as USB Device, STMTouch, STM32_WPAN (Bluetooth® 5 profiles and services, OpenThread and 802.15.4 MAC services), FatFS and FreeRTOS™ kernel, plus Bluetooth® 5 and Mesh V1.0 profiles and services, ZigBee® 3.0 stack and clusters, OpenThread, Concurrent Bluetooth® 5/Thread®, HCI and 802.15.4 MAC connectivity services. All embedded software utilities are delivered with a full set of examples running on STMicroelectronics boards.
The STM32Cube HAL is an STM32 embedded software layer that ensures maximized portability across the STM32 portfolio, while the LL APIs make up a fast, light-weight, expert-oriented layer which is closer to the hardware than the HAL. HAL and LL APIs can be used simultaneously with a few restrictions.
Both the HAL and LL APIs are production-ready and have been developed in compliance with CodeSonar®, MISRA C®:2012 guidelines and ISO/TS 16949. Furthermore, STMicroelectornics specific validation processes add a deeper-level qualification.
The STM32CubeWB gathers in one single package all the generic embedded software components required to develop an application on STM32WB microcontrollers. Following STM32Cube initiative, this set of components is highly portable, not only within the STM32WB Series but also to other STM32 Series. In addition, the low-layer APIs provide an alternative, high-performance, low-footprint solution to the STM32CubeWB HAL at the cost of portability and simplicity.
HAL and LL APIs are available in open-source BSD license for user convenience.
- Consistent and complete embedded software offer that frees the user from dependency issues
- Maximized portability between all STM32 series supported by STM32Cube
- Hundreds of examples for easy understanding
- High quality HAL using CodeSonar® static analysis tool
- High quality low-layer APIs (LL) using CodeSonar® static analysis tool
- STM32WB-specific middleware: USB Device, STMTouch (STM32 touch sensing library), STM32_WPAN (Bluetooth® 5 profiles and services, OpenThread services, 802.15.4 MAC services), FatFS and FreeRTOS™ kernel
- STM32WB Bluetooth® 5 and HCI stacks, Mesh V1.0 compliant with Bluetooth® SIG release
- ZigBee® 3.0 stack and clusters
- OpenThread stack
- 802.15.4 MAC
- Free user-friendly license terms
- Update mechanism with new-release notification capability
|产品型号||一般描述||Software Version||供应商||GitHub link||下载|
|STM32CubeWB||STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32WB series||1.7.0||ST||https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeWB|
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
We asked Nathalie the following questions: - Why is the STM32WB the best product for 2.4GHz design? - How can the STM32WB accelerate customer development? - How can STM32WB help tackle hidden system cost? - Can we see a quick demo?