This firmware demonstrates street lighting control in a Smart City scenario based on 6LoWPAN wireless mesh networking technology, which enables remote dimming and on/off control of entire street lighting networks from a single smart device.
A data concentrator unit (DCU) and a mobile Android application have been developed to help you explore the functionality of the STEVAL-LLL006V1 evaluation board. The DCU consists of a NUCLEO-F401RE development platform, plus the X-NUCLEO-IDS01A4 for sub 1-GHz communication with the LED driver board and an X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 board for Bluetooth communication with the mobile device.
The firmware consists of two .bin files, one running on the DCU and one running on the STM32L071KZ microcontroller embedded on the STEVAL-LLL006V1 evaluation board, featuring the HVLED001A high brightness LED driver.
The firmware is freely available for download from the STSW-LLL006FW web page with developer friendly license terms, so you can use it to test the SPSGRFC sub-1 GHz connectivity and HVLED001A LED power control functionality of the evaluation board, as well as to develop your own custom solutions.
- Firmware designed to support Smart City street lighting applications
- 6LoWPAN wireless mesh networking functionality for remote control of multiple nodes
- 5% dimming resolution plus on/off control
- Firmware designed to run on STM32L071 series 32-bit microcontrollers
- Developed code freely available for download from www.st.com
- Developer friendly license terms
- Android application available to demonstrate the complete functionality of the STEVAL-LLL006V1 evaluation board