The EVALHVLED805 is a demonstration board equipped with the new HVLED805 PWM current mode LED driver and is designed for European mains. It can control, with very good accuracy, from 1 to 3 LEDs having a nominal current of 350 mA. The HVLED805 has integrated high voltage startup and an 800 V power MOSFET. The high MOSFET's breakdown voltage allows very robust and reliable applications and reduces the size of the snubber and the relative power dissipation. Its accurate primary-current control eliminates the need of the optocoupler which impacts the cost, the compactness and the lifetime of the application while still maintaining a very good LED accuracy (below 5 %). Moreover, this converter, specifically designed for quasi-resonant (QR) flyback converters, enables very low turn-on losses and EMI emissions.
- Input voltage range (VIN): 185 - 265 VAC
- Main frequency (fL): 50 - 60 Hz
- Maximum (rated) output power: 4.2 W
- Output: IOUT= 350 mA ± 5%
- Over voltage = 12 V max
- Current ripple < 10% IOUT
- Minimum switching frequency in normal mode: 70 kHz
- Target average efficiency (from 1 to 3 LEDs) > 70 %
- Maximum input power in no-load < 100 mW
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.