The STEVAL-IFP028V1 evaluation board is designed to help you analyze the functionality of the IPS160H single high-side switch for SIL2 and SIL3 compliant systems.
The board meets application requirements for galvanic isolation between the user interface and the power interface through optical isolation implemented with two optocouplers, OPTO1 and OPT2, for forward signals to the device and for diagnostic feedback signals, respectively, in compliance with IEC 61000-4-2, IEC61000-4-4, IEC 61000-4-5 requirements.
The STEVAL-IFP028V1 can operate in the 8 to 60 V range, but operation of the red LED on the DIAG pin is only ensured above VCC = 12 V, and you must ensure that jumper J1 is open for supply voltages above 40 V to avoid permanent damage to the SMCJ40CA transient-voltage-suppression (TVS) diode. The board also optimizes thermal performance through a careful layout which includes a dedicated copper area connected to the exposed pad of the PSSO12 package, which also serves to dissipate heat.
You can use your PC to monitor the status of the output on the power side and receive fault information from the IPS160H DIAG pin by connecting the STEVAL-PCC009V2 interface board between your PC (via USB) and the STEVAL-IFP028V1 board (via 30-way flat cable), and then running the STSW-IPS16X GUI software, which is freely available on the ST website.
- Operating voltage from 8 to 60 V
- Operating current up to 2.5 A
- Programmable cut-off delay time
- Reverse polarity protection
- Galvanic isolation on PCB
- Input pins compatible with VCC rails
- Green LED for channel ON/OFF status
- Red LED for common diagnostics on:
- Open load in OFF state
- Thermal protection
- Red LED functionality on DIAG pin guaranteed from VCC = 12 V
- Microcontroller interface
- IEC 61000-4-2, IEC61000-4-4 and IEC 61000-4-5 compliant
- RoHS compliant
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) st.com上提供的材料声明表单可能是基于包装系列中最常用的封装的通用文档。因此，它们可能不是100%适用于特定的设备。有关特定设备的信息，请联系 销售支持 。