The purpose of the STEVAL-ILL030V1 demonstration board is to demonstrate the performance of ST devices in an LED lighting control application, using the DMX512 communication protocol demonstration firmware in transmitter, receiver and standalone modes.
The USART (universal synchronous asynchronous receiver transmitter) module of the STM32F103C6 ARM 32-bit Cortex™-M3 microcontroller is used to transmit/receive data via an RS-485 transceiver. The transmitter sends DMX512 packets with a NULL START code, according to the DMX512 2008 standard.
- Jumper settings to configure the board in transmitter, receiver or standalone mode
- The STCS1A device provides dimming control of the on-board LEDs
- Over/undervoltage protection using the STBP120 voltage protection device
- Uses the ESDAULC6-3BP6 ESD protection device for advanced USB protection
- Option of powering the LEDs through an external power supply, or through a 5 V power supply output from the STBP120
- Board uses an internal clock source, without a crystal
- Mini-B type USB connector can be used if power for LEDs is supplied separately from external source
- RoHS compliant
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.