The STEVAL-ILL048V1 demonstration board showcases ST's new LED driver chip, the ALED6001. The demonstration also includes an on-board microcontroller that permits full control of the device through a USB connection and dedicated PC GUI. The ALED6001 has been specifically designed to supply a string of medium/high current (50 -1000 mA) LEDs starting from a single low-voltage rail or a car battery. It integrates a boost controller, high-side current sensing feedback circuitry and an external dimming MOSFET controller for superior dimming performance. The boost controller regulates the output voltage adaptively, based on the requirements of the LEDs, resulting in improved overall efficiency. The maximum output voltage of the boost converter is 60 V, allowing the device to drive up to 16 white LEDs in series.
The brightness of the LEDs is controlled by using both PWM modulation and analog current control (analog dimming).
The device includes dedicated pins to lock synchronization with other devices for switching noise reduction in multi-device applications.
The ALED6001 implements basic protection features (OVP, OCP and thermal shutdown) in addition to LED array protection (load disconnection, feedback disconnection, and LED overcurrent).
- Wide DC input voltage range: from 6 to 24 V
- Integrated boost converter with adaptive output voltage for minimum power dissipation
- Up to 92% boost converter efficiency
- Single output LED driver with programmable current capability up to 350 mA
- High-side current sensing feedback
- External dimming MOSFET driver for superior dimming performance
- PWM and analog LED brightness control
- Up to 60 V output (16 white LEDs)
- On-board STM32 microcontroller for simple device evaluation
- USB connection for device control through dedicated PC GUI
- RoHS compliant
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) st.com上提供的材料声明表单可能是基于包装系列中最常用的封装的通用文档。因此，它们可能不是100%适用于特定的设备。有关特定设备的信息，请联系 销售支持 。