The purpose of this product evaluation board is to provide an application example of a compact LED driver using the new LED6001 chip from STMicroelectronics. The board is equipped with a single-channel, constant-current LED driver operating with both boost and SEPIC topologies.The brightness of the LED string connected to its output can be controlled through a PWM signal (0%-100% dimming) or a control voltage (10:1 analog dimming).Open LED, feedback disconnection, LED overcurrent and output-to-ground short-circuit (SEPIC only) faults are detected and managed.The board has been designed to provide a solution example for applications involving several LEDs arranged is a single string (e.g. off-grid street lighting, advertisement panels, signs, gaming, etc.).
- Wide DC input voltage: 6 V-24 V
- Single channel, 350 mA constant-current output with PWM brightness control
- Up to 10 high-brightness white LEDs (40 V OVP threshold)
- Selectable boost or SEPIC converter topology
- Up to 92% efficiency (boost converter)
- Onboard photo-transistor for ambient light switch function
- LED temperature protection through analog dimming control
- RoHS compliant
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.