The STEVAL–LLL003V1 evaluation board is a constant current LED driver, based on non–isolated buck topology using VIPer0P.
The board delivers 130 mA ± 2.5% at an output load of 15 – 21 white LEDs.
The buck topology ensures a minimum number of components as well as higher efficiency when operating at high output voltage (60 V and above).
The application core is the new VIPer0P offline high voltage converter which smartly integrates an 800 V avalanche rugged power MOSFET with current-mode control.
Thanks to the embedded E/A (EAGND) floating GND, the direct current regulation can be applied to the buck converter, improving the LED current accuracy.
- Non-isolated buck topology
- Two input voltage ranges:
- US range: 85-135 VAC (jumper J2 - closed, voltage doubler)
- EU range: 175-285 VAC (jumper J2 - open, bridge rectifier)
- 130 mA ±2.5% output constant current (15-21 white LEDs connected)
- 60 kHz fixed frequency operation
- ≅89% efficiency at maximum load
- open/no-load circuit protection
- short/overload circuit protection
- thermal shutdown
- Soft start for improved system reliability
- Meets IEC55022 Class B conducted EMI even with reduced EMI filter, thanks to the frequency jittering feature
- Meets IEC61000-4-2(ESD), IEC61000-4-4 (Burst) and IEC61000-4-5 (Surge)
- RoHS compliant
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.