The STM8SVLDISCOVERY is a quick start evaluation board which helps the user to discover the STM8S Value line features and to develop applications. It includes everything required for beginners and experienced users to get started quickly.
Even though the STM8SVLDISCOVERY is built around an STM8S003K3T6, it allows evaluation of the main features of all the STM8S Value line MCUs. It includes an ST-LINK embedded debug tool.
The STM8SVLDISCOVERY simply plugs into a PC through a standard USB cable. Numerous applications are available from the www.st.com/stm8svldiscovery web page.
- STM8S003K3T6 microcontroller, 8-Kbyte Flash memory, 1-Kbyte RAM, 128-byte EEPROM
- Powered by USB cable between PC and STM8SVLDISCOVERY
- Selectable power of 5 V or 3.3 V
- User button
- User LED
- Extension header for all I/Os
- Wrapping area for user applications
- Embedded ST-LINK
- USB interface for programming and debugging
- SWIM debug support
We asked Christophe the following questions: - How is ST engaged in the 8-bit MCU market ? - What benefits does the STM8 bring? - What applications are suitable for STM8 (no change) - What kind of ecosystem does STM8 have?