The ST3241E device consists of 3 drivers, 5 receivers, and a dual charge-pump circuit. The device meets the requirements of EIA/TIA and V.28/V.24 communication standards providing high data rate capability and enhanced electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection. All transmitter outputs and receiver inputs are protected to ±8 kV using IEC 1000-4-2 contact discharge and ±15 kV using the human body model. The receiver R2 is always active to implement a wake-up feature for the serial port.
The ST3241E has a proprietary low-dropout transmitter output stage enabling true RS-232 performance from a 3.0 V to 5.5 V supply with a dual charge pump. The device is guaranteed to run at data rates of 250 kbps while maintaining RS-232 output levels.
It is a complete serial port (3 drivers, 5 receivers) intended for notebook or sub-notebook computers. Receivers R1 and R2 have extra outputs in addition to their standard outputs. These extra outputs are always active.
Typical applications are in notebooks, sub-notebooks, palmtop computers, battery-powered equipment, hand-held equipment, peripherals, and printers.
- ESD protection for RS-232 I/O pins: ±8 kV IEC 1000-4-2 contact discharge ±15 kV human body model
- 1 µA supply current achieved when in auto power-down
- 250 kbps minimum guaranteed data rate
- Guaranteed 6 V/µs slew rate range
- Guaranteed mouse drive ability
- 0.1 µF external capacitors
- Meets EIA/TIA-232 specifications down to 3 V
- Available in SSOP 28 package
|SSOP 28 10.2x5.3||工业||Ecopack3|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.