The ST3241E device consists of 3 drivers, 5 receivers, and a dual charge-pump circuit. The device meets the requirements of EIA/TIA and V.28/V.24 communication standards providing high data rate capability and enhanced electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection. All transmitter outputs and receiver inputs are protected to ±8 kV using IEC 1000-4-2 contact discharge and ±15 kV using the human body model. The receiver R2 is always active to implement a wake-up feature for the serial port.
The ST3241E has a proprietary low-dropout transmitter output stage enabling true RS-232 performance from a 3.0 V to 5.5 V supply with a dual charge pump. The device is guaranteed to run at data rates of 250 kbps while maintaining RS-232 output levels.
It is a complete serial port (3 drivers, 5 receivers) intended for notebook or sub-notebook computers. Receivers R1 and R2 have extra outputs in addition to their standard outputs. These extra outputs are always active.
Typical applications are in notebooks, sub-notebooks, palmtop computers, battery-powered equipment, hand-held equipment, peripherals, and printers.
- ESD protection for RS-232 I/O pins: ±8 kV IEC 1000-4-2 contact discharge ±15 kV human body model
- 1 µA supply current achieved when in auto power-down
- 250 kbps minimum guaranteed data rate
- Guaranteed 6 V/µs slew rate range
- Guaranteed mouse drive ability
- 0.1 µF external capacitors
- Meets EIA/TIA-232 specifications down to 3 V
- Available in SSOP 28 package
(**) st.com上提供的材料声明表单可能是基于包装系列中最常用的封装的通用文档。因此，它们可能不是100%适用于特定的设备。有关特定设备的信息，请联系 销售支持 。