The ST485 is al low power transceiver for RS-485 and RS-422 communication. Each part contains one driver and one receiver.
This transceiver draw 300 μA (typ.) of supply current when unloaded or fully loaded with disabled drivers.
It operates from a single 5 V supply.
Driver is short-circuit current limited and is protected against excessive power dissipation by thermal shutdown circuitry that placed the driver outputs into a high-impedance state.
The ST485 is designed for bi-directional data communications on multipoint bus transmission line (half-duplex applications).
The ST485 is available in three temperature range: commercial (0 °C to 70 °C), industrial (- 40 °C to 85 °C) and automotive (- 55 °C to 125 °C).
- Operate from a single 5 V supply
- 30 ns propagation delay, 5 ns skew
- Allows up to 64 transceivers on the bus
- Low quiescent current: 300 μA
- - 7 V to 12 V common mode input voltage range
- Designed for RS-485 interface application
- 70 mV typical input hysteresis
- Current limiting and thermal shutdown for driver overload protection
- Driver maintains high impedance in 3-state or with the power OFF
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.